What we're making
Tasty Christmas Crumble - this healthy pud is perfect for trying over the holiday season and all the spices will make your home smell amazing! Makes one large crumble or can be made in individual ramekin dishes.
What you'll need
5 apples (any kind but sharper apples or cooking apples work well)
1 orange - zest and juice
4 tbs runny honey
250g rolled oats (porridge oats will work)
150g plain flour
100g butter (room temperature)
1 tsp nutmeg (optional)
2 tsp cinnamon (or mixed spice)
Large square or oblong oven dish
Large mixing bowl
How to do it
Pre-heat oven to 170 degrees
1. Take out the apple cores and plum stones and chop both into small chunks (diced). Add to oven dish.
Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of cinnamon and 1 tablespoon nutmeg onto the mixed apples and plums.
2. Add the zest and juice of the orange (can use a fine grater for the orange peel to make the zest, which is just the red peel of the orange finely grated). Mix in one tablespoon of runny honey (can use maple syrup or golden syrup)
For the topping:
3. In a separate bowl, add oats and flour together, mix well. Add the butter cut into 2cm cubes
4. Mix with a wooden spoon and add 3 tablespoons of runny honey (can use maple syrup or golden syrup). Mix well and add to the top of the fruit and pat down, trying to leave no gaps where you can see the fruit.
5. Add to the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes. When the top is slightly brown it is ready.
Leave to cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
Can serve with a little yogurt, cream or ice-cream but it is yummy on it’s own. .