What we're making
Strawberry & rhubarb fool - a colourful and light spring dessert that is perfect for sharing with friends and family. Children absolutely love making this one!
Recipe serves 6.
What you'll need
- 2 /3 cups of fresh or frozen rhubarb chunks
- 6 mint sprigs
- 4/5 cups of fresh strawberries (or raspberries)
- 6 tbsp honey
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- mixed seeds (optional)
- chopped pistachios (optional)
- 3 cups of plain full fat yogurt
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Serving dishes
How to do it
1. Combine the rhubarb with 4 tablespoons of honey in a medium saucepan and cook over a gentle heat until soft. Remove from heat and stir in strawberries. Put in fridge and cool.
2. Whisk together the yogurt with 2 tablespoons of honey and vanilla. Swirl the rhubarb and strawberry mixture into the yogurt. Spoon into serving bowls.
3. Drizzle with more honey, top with seeds if using and a mint sprig.