What we're making
Spring leek & potato soup - this delicious and comforting dish makes a budget-friendly mid-week lunch or supper. Make double and freeze in containers for another day. A true classic and one your children will enjoy helping with.
Makes 6 large portions.
What you'll need
- 4 large leeks, washed & sliced
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled & chopped
- 50g butter
- 750ml vegetable stock
- 275ml full fat milk
- salt & pepper
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Measuring jug
- Vegetable peeler
- Hand blender / food processor
How to do it
1. Discard ends of leeks, cut in half length ways, then finely chop. Wash & drain well.
2. Melt butter in a saucepan and add onion, leeks & potatoes. Stir to coat with butter and season with salt & pepper.
3. Cover with saucepan lid and allow to sweat over a low heat for 15mins.
4. Add stock and milk, simmer for 20 mins until vegetables are soft.
5. Blitz with a hand blender and serve.