What we're making
Spring courgette & pea risotto - this versatile recipe uses left-over roast chicken but you can be creative and add any meats or fish. This is a great way of including the children with the veg prep and encouraging them to eat their greens!
Feeds 2 adults and 2 children.
What you'll need
- 200g risotto rice
- 1 garlic bulb, crushed & diced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 900ml chicken stock
- 120g frozen peas
- 1 large courgette
- diced 50g grated cheddar cheese
- 200g cooked chicken
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Deep frying pan
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring jug
How to do it
1. Gently fry onion and garlic in olive oil for 5 mins until soft.
2. Pour in 450ml of stock to pan and add rice, stir whilst cooking for 5-6 mins.
3. Add the peas and courgette and remaining stock.
4. Keep stirring until stock becomes absorbed and rice becomes tender.
5. Add chicken and heat through. Add cheese to taste.