What we're making
Spinach & Red Pepper Mini Frittatas - Kids love making these mini frittatas and if cooked ahead they make a brilliant breakfast for on the go.
For non-vegetarian try adding diced grilled bacon or sausage
What you'll need
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped finely
1/2 white onion, chopped finely
3 handfuls of fresh spinach, roughly chopped
6 large eggs
100ml semi-skimmed milk
Handful grated cheddar cheese
Salt & Pepper
Muffin baking tray
Paper cake cases
How to do it
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees. Line a muffin tray with 12 paper cake cases.
2. In a medium frying pan add the olive oil and fry onions and pepper until soft (5 mins)
3. Add spinach and stir until wilted. Remove from the heat.
4. Meanwhile in a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cheese and salt & pepper. Kids love doing this part.
5. Pour egg mixture into the 12 muffin case. Add the pepper mix evenly to the 12 cases.
6. Bake for 20 mins until risen. Cool and eat. Alternatively pop in the fridge for the next day.