What we're making
Speedy fish pie - this dish uses frozen fish pieces and new potatoes for a quick and budget friendly crowd pleaser.
Serves 2 adults and 2 children.
What you'll need
- 250g washed spinach
- 600g new potatoes
- 4 eggs
- 600g skinless white fish fillet, cut into chunks
- 200g pot of creme fraiche
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Pie dish
- Wooden spoon
How to do it
1. Heat the oven to fan 200C.
2. Add spinach to colander & pour over boiling water to wilt.
3. Boil potatoes in saucepan for 10 mins until soft. Drain & mash roughly.
4. Once spinach is cool squeeze & drain excess water.
5. Place in oven-proof pie dish. Break eggs into dish between spinach. Add fish chunks and spoon over creme fraiche & lemon juice.
6. Add mashed potatoes & bake for 20 mins.