What we're making
Simple banana and oat cookies - Try these with the kids. They make a great snack without any added sugar and you can adapt them to everyones tastes and preferences. Kids can choose what to add. They make a great work-break snack for adults too!
What you'll need
3 ripe bananas
165g (or 2 cups) oats (rolled oats or oatmeal)
How to do it
1. Pre heat oven to 180C / 350F / Gas Mark 4 and line a baking tray or oven shelf with baking paper
2. In a large mixing bowl mash the bananas really well, until smooth. Add the oats and mix until fully combined. Add half teaspoon of cinnamon or mixed spice.
3. Add in any one or two additions to suit taste (half a cup or handful of chocolate chips, dried cranberries, raisins, lemon or orange zest, any kind of nut or seeds (if no one has an allergy to these).
4. Form tablespoon sized cookies and place on prepared baking tray. (Make sure to form cookie shapes and not balls as these will not spread into shape like normal cookies).
5. Bake for approx 15 mins, or until cookies are golden and set.
6. Leave to cool before eating.
7. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. These will keep for 2-3 days but probably will get eaten before then!