What we're making
Sausage, Butterbean & Kale stew- This one pot dish is easy to put together and packed with colourful vegetables. A great way for kids to discover new flavours.
Total cost to make: approximately £7.50
What you'll need
12 good quality pork sausages
2 tbsp olive oil
1 white onion, roughly chopped
1 garlic clove, peeled & crushed
2 sticks of sliced, sliced
3 larges carrots, peeled and sliced
1tsp tomato puree
1 can tinned tomatoes and herbs
500ml chicken stock
1 tin of butter beans
2 handfuls of curly kale (stalks removed) roughly chopped
1 chopping board
1 sharp knife
1 oven & hob proof casserole dish
1 vegetable peeler
How to do it
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in casserole dish and brown sausages. Remove from pan.
2. Add 1 tbsp olive oil in dish and gently cook onions, garlic, celery and carrots until onion is golden.
3. Add tomato puree, tinned tomatoes and chicken stock and stir.
4. Add butter beans, kale and browned sausages. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Put in lid on casserole dish and bake in oven for 45 mins.