What we're making
Home-made Granola - Try making your own cereal for a healthy change from the sugary shop bought varieties. Kids will love to help assemble. Enjoy with milk or greek yogurt. Makes approx 8-10 servings.
What you'll need
5-6 tsp runny honey
4tbsp coconut oil
50g pumpkin seeds
50g sunflower seeds
50g flaked almonds
50g coconut flakes
50g chopped apricots
50g chopped pecan nuts
Large baking tray
How to do it
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Melt the honey and coconut oil in the small saucepan over a low heat.
3. Meanwhile ask your helpers to scatter the oats, seeds, nuts and fruit over a large, lined baking tray.
4. Pour over the honey mixture and mix to coat well.
5. Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins, shaking every 5 mins so it bakes evenly.
6. Remove from the oven and allow to completely cool before storing in an air tight container.