What we're making
Crispy Oat Chicken Goujons - Homemade chicken Goujon's are a nutritious alternative to the shop bought variety and this recipe is a great one to get the kids involved in making. Gluten free: Swop plain flour for Gluten free flour and ensure oats are gluten free.
What you'll need
4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
50g plain flour
3 free-range eggs, beaten
2tbsp olive oil
How to do it
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
2. Place oats, flour (seasoned with salt & pepper) and beaten egg in separate shallow bowls.
3. Coat each strip of chicken in flour then egg and finally the oats making sure they are evenly coated. Kids love this part - messy but fun!
4. Place on lined baking sheet , drizzle with olive oil and bake for 25-30 mins until oats are starting to brown and the chicken is cooked through.
5. Serve with a colourful salad.