What we're making
Broccoli and Fish Pasta - A delicious family meal that is easy to cook and a real family favourite. Swop salmon for tinned tuna if you fancy a change. Swop the cream for oat cream for dairy free.
What you'll need
200g of broccoli, chopped into small pieces
400g of your favourite shaped pasta - try swopping for wholemeal varieties for healthier option
250g boneless and skinless salmon fillets (frozen are fine)
150ml of vegetable stock
300ml of single cream
Chopped fresh dill or parsley to decorate (optional)
Salt & Pepper
How to do it
1. Cook the pasta in saucepan according to packet instructions and drain.
2. While pasta cooks place salmon in medium frying pan, add stock and salt & pepper. Boil, then simmer & cover for 5-6 mins until salmon is cooked and will flake easily with a fork.
3. Transfer salmon to plate and flake fully with a fork. Increase heat to saucepan and cook remaining water until reduced to about 3tbsps.
4. Meanwhile add butter to reduced stock, add spring onions and broccoli and cook for 3 mins. Add cream, cover and cook for another 3 mins until broccoli is soft.
5. Remove lid, stir in salmon, add cooked pasta and stir. Sprinkle with fresh herbs.